I can’t believe the time has arrived- San Diego Comic-Con 2015 is finally upon us! I hope this year of my tips and advice have helped you prepare for this week. This is the 5th year of Crazy 4 Comic Con [and my 10th year anniversary going] and it has been an awesome experience connecting with you all. Your comments, shares, and RTs have been really appreciated. I still can’t get over how you all came to my rescue to help me regain my C4CC Facebook page! This year, when I am not moderating a panel, I will be spending most of my time on the Exhibit floor talking to vendors and professionals about my Hero Within idea. While I love the show itself, I have found that my greatest joy comes from meeting readers of the site. Thank you again for being so supportive- without you all, Crazy 4 Comic Con would not have made it this far. Below is my general schedule:
Base of operations: Hilton Bayfront
- Preview Night
- My Game of Bloggers Meet Up will be at after Preview Night from 9-12a at the Dragon’s Den next to Petco Park. With over 100 sites coming, it looks to be pretty packed so you might want to get there a little early. If there is a line, it will only last till about 10p, by then we will have the entire restaurant.
- Wrath of Con Bloggers panel [Thu 9a]: Passionate about writing and comic conventions? Merge your passions together to create an online resource that informs and empowers fandom. Experienced bloggers gather to share how they started out, best practices, common pitfalls, biggest obstacles, and the core values that drive their sites. Tony B Kim (Crazy 4 Comic Con), Megan Gotch (The Nerdy Girlie), Leonard Sultana (An Englishman In San Diego), and Alyssa Franks (Friends Of CCI) offer advice that will benefit both veteran creators and those beginning to write about their passion for comic cons.
- Her Universe Fashion Show [Thu 6p, Grand Manchester Hyatt] This was one of the most inspirational events from last year and I am really looking forward to it’s return!
- Geeks Go Glam [8p, San Diego Central Library]
- Nerd HQ Fan Party [Children’s Museum]
- GEEK WARS: A Nerds Awaken panel [10a, Rm 14a]: Professional nerds square off in an epic trivia battle for the ages, all while discussing the hottest pop culture topics, including racial stereotyping, objectification, online bullying, casting decisions, and more. Spanning comics, TV, film, and the web, this discussion will be hilarious, outrageous, and challenge your perspective on culture. Moderated by Tony B Kim (Crazy 4 Comic Con), this super-powered team will be joined by Chris Gore (comedian), Amy Ratcliffe (writer), Andre Meadows(comedian), Ivy Doom Kitty (pro cosplayer), Sam Maggs (writer), and Ali Mattu (clinical psychologist).
- SherlockeDCC [7p San Diego Central Library]
- Warner Bros Cocktail Media Mixer [7p Hard Rock]
- Hanging out on the Exhibit Floor with a VERY special VIP [TBA]!