The long awaited Open Registration Badge Sales will finally occur tomorrow (Sat 15th) at 9 am PT! As expected, the adrenaline is running high for the legion of eager fans racing to experience Comic-Con- many for the first time. Since the system has evolved over the years, there are a few nuances that you need to know to increase your chances of crossing the checkered flag in victory.
- You need a Member ID in order make a purchase. If you do not have one, it’s too late to sign up since the Membership site closed a few days ago. Without a Member ID there is no way to purchase a badge in your name. This means others can not buy a badge for you if you do not have a Member ID.
- Remember, that this sale is for those that qualify for this Open Registration sale. By logging in to the Member ID, it will tell you if you are eligible.
- You should have received a link and personal Registration Code for Saturday’s sale. Make sure to check your junk folder if you haven’t received it. Test the link to make sure it’s compatible with your browser. Don’t be crazy and attempt this on a mobile device.
- The link will take you to the Waiting Room- you must enter the Waiting Room from 7:00 am to 8:59 am. Remember, it doesn’t matter when you get into the Waiting Room since the super computer will just randomize everyone when the sale starts at 9:00.
- Know what days you want to purchase and the costs. Here is my breakdown of each day– because knowing is half the battle.
- You will be able to purchase for a total of three people (like in the last Pre-Reg sale) so you need to have last name and Member ID of all people eligible for the sale. It’s best to do the sale in groups of three with all people registering for each other. Even if someone gets in and buys in your name, you will still be able to attempt to purchase for the others in your group.
- Once you have started the process, you’ll have 15 minutes to complete purchase so be mindful of your time.
- Never refresh or go backwards on your browser, of fall to the dark side you will.
- After completing purchase you should receive a confirmation from Epic Registration. It seems the times vary from the same day to next so don’t panic if you don’t get it right away.
- Barring any major delays, the sale should last about an hour- so make sure your computer is plugged in and you have a pot of coffee.
- If you were able to make a purchase, that sound you heard was the you leveling up!
The Pre-Reg sale went very well- so I don’t anticipate any problems. I think CCI has done a great job coming up with a speedy and equitable solution. This goes without saying, but many will play but not everyone will win. Thousands will leave the race empty handed- so prepare yourself for the best or worst. It wouldn’t be the greatest event in the world if everyone wasn’t trying to be a winner. For additional help, keep checking out Comic-Con’s Toucan Blog. It’s been really awesome for Comic-Con to provide such great tips and I look forward to all their posts. Good luck everyone!